First Assignment
A while back, I offered to make any charts or signs or bulletin-board type things any of the teachers at Avery's school may need. I'm currently working on first assignment: a check-in/check-out chart for Avery's classroom.
The Efficient and Practical side of me (which is rather large) always struggles when I start one of these little projects. I'll spend x amount of time doing something I know no one really cares all that much about. For example, do the kids or the teachers care that I am cutting out little school houses, with doors and windows and a school bell, and assembling them on the cards? No. I could easily buy cute stickers and it likely wouldn't change a thing. However, the point is that, for whatever reason, I like assembling these little cutouts and gluing them. I like the look. It relaxes me somehow. So that is why my machine is cutting away little school houses and little houses and little trees and little school bells. Efficient Megan has finally prevailed in forcing Flighty Crafty Megan that I've got to at least do all my cutting at once, then do all the assembling later. Flighty Crafty Megan just likes to go every which way and assemble and do it all at once, which makes any project take forever.
Refugee Family
We're sponsoring a refugee family for Christmas again. This time it's an extended family of 12 from the Ukraine. That was a bit much for just Damian and me, so Amber and Stacey are co-sponsoring the same family. I am hopeful that Avery will get the concept a bit more this year.
Dude, now I totally feel like an ass for forgetting to respond to that one email. Drat.
ReplyDelete