Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cards

Crafting - Attendance Cards
Christie and Henry came by today so the adults could do some crafting the kids could drive us bonkers while we do so. Christie knitted some items for her FB homemade 2011 exchange. I worked on my first assignment for Avery's preschool.  These are a single card. The red side is for when the child is at home; the white side is for when she/he is at school. I glued the cards together, then glued on the cutouts for the house and school house, then laminated the card, then cut out the names in vinyl, then applied the names to the card.  I figure when the year is done, the vinyl names can be easily removed and then the teacher can reuse the cards in the coming years by just writing the students' names on the laminated card.





Thanksgiving
We're heading to the house of a friend and co-worker of Damian's.  Actually, it's a friend of that guy, but we've met and hung out with this group before, so it's not that distant of a connection. We're supposed to bring a side and a dessert and wine. D is in charge of the side. He's making two: toad in the hole (using chicken sausage) and shredded Brussels sprouts with pine nuts & turkey bacon. I'm making the dessert, which will be lighter-than-air chocolate cake (which is gluten free).

Avery's BD Cake
So last year Avery asked for "flowers and ornaments" on her cake. It was an odd looking cake, but it was delicious. This year, I decided we'd just get a cake from Safeway and call it good. I let Avery pick out her cake. She chose a cupcake cake. It's a wedding cupcake cake. I shouldn't be surprised since she is obsessed with weddings and getting married right now. We don't talk about marriage much, nor does she watch TV shows that talk about it. The best theory I have is that we don't have a lot of pictures displayed on the walls and in frames within our house. There are several of them from our wedding.  Anyway, this is why there will be a wedding cake this year at Avery's BD party. One of these years, we'll get a normal cake ... maybe.

1 comment:

  1. I crafted and married Avery while there. The ceremony was quite nice, I thought.

    ReplyDelete