Pages

Saturday, January 07, 2012

Cameo

Blog 365 fail - wait!
This was sitting in my inbox all typed up. And then I got busy and forgot to post yesterday. But wait! I'll still be blogging 365 days this year (assuming I don't miss another day) since it's a leap year. I'm still in on a technicality!

Fun with the Cameo
I have been wanting to play with my new toy since we got back from Colorado, but I was disciplined enough to take care of major things until I opened it up. For one thing, I always make a huge mess when I do anything crafty, so the house needs to be in a fairly neat state to start with. For another, I get really cranky when Avery interrupts, so I need to have time when Avery is not around. That time is today! As I type this, it's on its maiden cut. I'm making thank you notes.

So far, I like the Cameo much better than the SD. While the SD is awesome, they learned a few things that make the Cameo that much easier to use.

  1. It's quieter. Not quiet, mind you. But quieter. 
  2. Adjusting the blade (for different thicknesses) is easier and doesn't require switching out caps, therefore, there's nothing to potentially lose. 
  3. The LCD screen is bigger and makes it easier. 
Thank you notes
I'm trying to repurpose paper and cards that I would have recycled to make the bulk of the cards. This takes more time than doing it from scratch since I have to make minor adjustments with each card. I told myself before starting, "You don't have time to do this! If you do the reuse thing now, you'll never finish and these thank you notes will go out in August." But, I decided if I don't have time to do it now, when will I? Never. I do have time, I just have to make it. 

Optimistic
Day 3 of logging calories eaten into Lose It is going well. I'm enjoying tracking my food and that's the best possible early sign for sticking with it. Of course, day 3 is nothing to celebrate as I could fall off the wagon at any moment, but I feel good that I'll stick with it. Plus, I don't want to owe both Vic and Damian tons of money because I fail to log. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure backdating is allowed. Keep going, you're almost to the finish line. !!!

    ReplyDelete