Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Missed

The 365 goal is dead
The bad news is I missed blogging yesterday. The good news is that it's because I've been very productive instead of in a rut or napping. That's the spin I'm putting on not reaching a  goal. Ah well, the pressure is off for the year.

House & blathering
The house is all ready for the cleaners to come and clean it. It only took me 2.5 days to get it to a state where it can actually be cleaned. Seriously. The influx of crap from Christmas took a while to make its way to the various places it'll sit until it's time to recycle/trash it. This is my least favorite part of the holidays. We spend all the time and effort and money. Often the gifts or stocking stuffers or whatever are just plastic toys that get played with for a day or two, then tossed in a bin to become the clutter created on playdates.

Clearly, I'm not in a great mood for some reason. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm hungry. Which segues nicely into an update on my calorie tracking: it goes well. I'm consistently eating 1360 calories per day and not feeling hungry or deprived. It's a tight goal. There's no room for cheating or I'll go over. But I'm not hungry. I still haven't started walking everyday. I've been busy getting the house back into a state of running smoothly and transitioning in our healthy eating (which, for me, takes more planning than I think it does for the average person).

Project built-ins
We've finally selected a contractor. I have a meeting with him and with the surround sound guy this Friday to set the wheels in motion. It's costing us more than we'd anticipated, but when is that not true of these things?

4 comments:

  1. Dude, backdate your post and you can keep on trucking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If backdating is allowed, they it follows that one could just write all 365 posts on Dec. 31 and backdate those and say you blogged all year. I can't break rules like that. I know I didn't hit the goal, so I can't claim I did. However, I still plan to hit the rest of the days if I can/remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you aren't breaking the rules because backdating is allowed. It wasn't allowed the first year but too many people complained after having the project derailed because of circumstances beyond their control - they were traveling, the internet was down, there was an emergency, etc. The important thing was to get people blogging so they changed the rules the following year to allow both scheduled posts and backdated posts. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know I'm not breaking the official rules. However, to me, I genuinely missed the day because I forgot, so it would be false to backdate. It's not like the first time where I could have been convinced it was OK to backdate since I really did write that post the day before. I'm ridiculous when it comes to following my own little rules, I know. :) I will push onward, though. 364 here I come!

    ReplyDelete