Handy stuff
The handyman is here now doing a variety of small tasks. One of those is installing an additional toilet paper roll holder in the main floor bathroom. The builders installed the other holder in a ridiculous spot. This has been a mere annoyance until lately. Avery has recently decided that she cannot get the TP before getting on the potty, nor can she risk a drip to get the TP by hopping off the toilet. This means I'm helping my 4yo - who has been fully day and nighttime potty trained since her 2nd birthday - go potty on a regular basis. Not acceptable. So I just bought another holder and put it closer for her to reach.
I also had him hang a bulletin board with hooks in Avery's room. I decided I'm not ready to let her have push pins in her room, so I went to Home Depot and bought some magnetic steel, had it cut to the shape of the board, then had the handyman install the metal in the board. I could have done it, but he was here anyway, so it made sense to have him do it. I plan to put fabric over the metal to girly it up a bit for my little girly girl, but haven't gotten to that yet.
Crafty stuff
To honor our new TP roll holder, I'm making some vinyl labels to go above the two holders. One says For the tall ... the other says ... for the small. I made the word tall in a different font with tall letters and small in another font with small letters. I could never have been a graphic designer. It took all my brain power to do this basic tasks of creativity and I'm pretty sure a creative type could knock it out of the park with just blinking her eyes. We'll see how it looks when I put it up. I love vinyl because if it looks awful, I rip it off and it's like it was never there.
Note: After I took the picture, I moved the word "small" closer to the "..for the" text since it looked spaced incorrectly. I then realized that this can have multiple meanings. I meant tall people vs. small people, but one could think I meant the size of the, um, output? Ah well, it gives you something to think about while you do your business at our house.
Should I ever take a crap at your place I'm totally going to pull my t.p. from the roll that corresponds with the output size. Because being able to do that is awesome.
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! I appreciate those who appreciate the awesomeness of the double meaning.
ReplyDelete