Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ceiling

Handy stuff
The handyman was here for.ev.er yesterday. He got her at 10 AM and left about 7:30 PM. Installing those hanging ceiling storage racks turned into quite a difficult thing. After two trips to Home Depot, those suckers were finally hung.



I thought I'd have to buy a taller ladder to reach the items stored up there, but I was easily able to load all the items myself.

I also had him install a medicine cabinet in the bathroom downstairs to make Mom's stay with us more comfortable. It's IKEA, which I don't think of as good quality. However, I have to say, I'm very pleased with the quality (for the price) of this cabinet and the cabinet in our bathroom from IKEA.


And I had him switch out all the lights in Avery's room and the playroom (formerly the tan guest room) so that all of them are now LED lights. Basically, I am trying to avoid calling the electrician to fix the actual issue, which is that one of our circuits/fuses (?) is overloaded such that if we have all the lights on in Avery's room, the playroom, and then have maybe one light in the guest room on, the fuse will almost certainly blow. I figured if I reduced the amount of electricity being used in the two most used rooms ... Yeah, the fuse blew last night, then again this morning. Grrrr.

Mom's quarters*
The preparation of Mom's quarters is going well. We moved the couch that was in our living room down there, as well as the chair.

It's turning into a nice little apartment down there. Not necessarily from a decor standpoint, but from a functional standpoint. When Mom's stuff gets here, we'll get her TV set up down there and have the cable company activate that port so she'll have her own TV. D pointed out that we have an extra TiVo for her, too. It's not an HD TiVo, but it'll do for a few months.

* quarters sounds so much better than basement, doesn't it?

Travel, travel, travel - March is the month
I can't believe Mexico is less than a week away!  I also can't believe that when we get back from Mexico, I'll only have one full day here and then be off to Colorado for a long weekend for D's work. Then a couple of weeks later I'll be back in Colorado helping Mom move. Mom and I will drive her car, with Barkley, from CO here. We've decided upon Bossypants as our audiobook for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment