Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Five

Awake
I've been awake since 5 am. Early waking is a rarity for me. I made myself a protein drink using Spiro-tein. I figure since protein drinks are seemingly the only thing that don't give me a headache and queasiness, I should at least try to find one with less sugar than my beloved Odwalla. It definitely isn't as good as Odwalla with its 37g of sugar, but given it only has 7g of sugar, it's acceptable.

Full Metal Jousting and other TV stuff
Arriving just in time to satisfy my obsession with the 13th century is a show on the History channel called Full Metal Jousting. D and I saw it advertised at the beginning of a movie and couldn't resist. We'll see if it holds our attention. Such shows always peak my interest, but rarely hold it.

To ensure I don't miss any crap quality TV, I sometimes peruse the Daily Picks on TiVo's website. I'm doing it right now and see the movie The Tourist with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie listed. Here's the description:

This 2010 snoozefest supposedly was a passion project for stars Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie, who wanted to work with European director Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck ("The Lives of Others"). But this "romantic thriller" about a math teacher who gets involved in a dangerous cat-and-mouse game with a sultry stranger in Europe is a complete train wreck. Depp is unconvincing as a nebbish, while Jolie walks through the film with the numbed gaze of a recently Tasered supermodel. You really don't want to book this tour.

Huh? Why did they list it on their Daily Picks if they hate the movie so and recommend skipping it? Weird. I really should have been an investigative journalist since it's stories like these that I could bring the forefront of America's attention.

Minutia update
It's now 7:35 and Avery has woken up. Unfortunately she joined us in bed last night, so there will be no TV this morning. She's doing pretty well at sleeping in her bed, at least relative to the last couple of months. She comes in with us 1-2 times per week. I can't blame her much for last night's disregard for the rule since she said her ear hurt. Who wants to sleep alone when your ear hurts? Not Avery.

No comments:

Post a Comment