When I brought home the tile I liked, neither D nor I liked it in our living room. It too dark and too blue. I want to bring some blue into the room, but the Charcoal tile color was too overpowering. So back to the tile store I went today. I brought home another sample in a different shade of the same tile. I like it much better. Now we need to decide upon a configuration for the tiles. Originally I was set on the 2"x2" alternating tiles. Now I'm wondering if the 1"x4" will work better for that space. I did a mockup (using my Silhouette software, of course). I'm strongly leaning toward the 1"x4". We'll see what D thinks when he gets home.
I did pick out a tile I love for the hearth. It's a shade of warm gray similar to the color of our couch. I'm confident with that tile. I am starting to wonder if we shouldn't just do the whole fireplace in that tile. Can you tell I'm a bit indecisive about this?
I love both tiles and I think they go well with the fabric. My wavering is that it is more neutral, overall, than I'd like. I'm kind of sick of neutrals, but D and I both gravitate to neutral colors.
Things are on track for our cabinetry. We've selected the molding style and door style and the tile is moving along. There's not much else for me to do other than come back from Mexico and see that most of the project is done at that point.
The Mexico!
I just sent out items for my fellow travelers to buy (I'll pay you all back!) and then cart down to Mexico for our trip coming up in three weeks.
I am so excited for this trip. I'm also excited because following the trip, March is jam packed with trips and things I'm looking forward to, which means it'll fly by and Mom will be here before I know it!
Adding to my Mexico excitement are the 2-3 projects we've had done since our last trip: a sun shade for the interior courtyard and a shelving unit so we actually have a place to put things. Plus, we rearranged the living room space right before we left so I am looking forward to enjoying the extra space in our formerly crapped corridors.
Avery & Swimming
Avery has made great progress with her swimming during this session, as has Henry. Henry, who was slightly behind Avery going into this round of sessions, has now passed Avery's level and is able to propel himself forward. Avery has the side breathing down very good, but actually propelling herself forward isn't quite where it should be. However, I have no complaints! I'm so happy that she's very happy to play in the water, she's confident enough that she doesn't need prodding to try things, but also seems to know her limits. And she and Henry have a great time in the pool together. This bodes well for the trip, or at least for the pool visit part of the trip.
.jpg)
I'm unclear why you're paying us back for the Mexico stuff. I feel like buying a few things for the house is the least I can do for the immense joy of staying there!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like because it's not stuff for our trip, but rather for the house in general, that it should be me to pay for it.
ReplyDeleteI think of it more as an annual housewarming gift :).
ReplyDelete