Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine

V-Day
Valentine's Day was just perfect yesterday. Avery thoroughly loved the card that D gave her, as well as the flowers. He also got her - and us - tickets to the Cirque de Soleil show coming to town. She wasn't enthusiastic about that, but she also wasn't enthusiastic about Disneyland until she saw it. 

D bought both Avery and I flowers. But he mixed them up when he ordered. So Avery opened a beautiful bouquet of a dozen red roses while I opened up a beautiful, but not quite as bold, bouquet of pastel-colored roses and some other flowers. I thought it was a bit odd for him to choose the flowers he did. D didn't have a clear recollection which flowers her ordered for which of us, but I realized he definitely switched them when the pastel-colored roses came with a vase with hearts on it. There's no way he would order a vase, and certainly not a vase such as that, for me. So my dozen red roses are sitting up in Avery's room and her pastel-colored roses are sitting in our living room. 

I made cards for D and Avery. See what I did there? I saved a cool $6 on cards for this holiday. My Silhouette is almost paid off!



No comments:

Post a Comment