Mom's an Oregonian!
I may come back later to provide more insight into the craziness of the past week or two, but for now, I'm just going to resume blogging as if major life changes happen all the time and should be treated to minor mentions in a random blog post.
Major life change = Mom moving to Portland from Colorado. She's settling into her quarters quite nicely from what I can tell. We arrived yesterday afternoon after an easy two day drive. This morning I cleared out space in the kitchen cupboards for her, as well as a drawer in our main floor closet. I also got her Google Voice number configured such that, when it's dialed, it rings her cell phone and our landline at the same time. It's nice because when the landline rings, it says "Call for Penny" as the caller ID name. This way we know the call is for Mom and can avoid answering it.
Barkley is having a bit of trouble with the adjustment. He won't walk (very far) on the wood floors, so he's self confined to the the backyard, Mom's quarters, and the living room. And the trip to the living room is fraught with danger as it requires a trek over about 5' of hardwood floors for Barkley.
Cabinets
The final touches are still ongoing for the living room cabinetry. The hinges for the doors that slide back into the cabinet (for the desk) are still not right, so they're working on those today. And the pull-out shelf holding the receiver, DVD, etc isn't working properly, so it'll need to be adjusted. Plus, I haven't picked out hardware for the knobs yet. But, the important thing is that I'll be able to start loading it up with stuff tonight. I made D promise that he wouldn't put anything in the cabinets while I was gone.
Catch up
I've spent my entire evening catching up on email, scheduling of Avery activities, and other misc administrative stuff. I'm in an administrative/configuration mood, so I'm going to take my new iPad (new to me - it's D's old one since he bought himself the new iPad) upstairs and get it all set up the way I want it. Then I'm going to read. Lovely. All is just lovely.
No comments:
Post a Comment