RWOTP
I have noticed I'm getting dumber by the day. It seems like I can't learn a new word to save my life. For example, my favorite author of the moment, Sharon Kay Penman, often uses the word sardonic in her writing. I admittedly should know the definition of the word, but it eludes me every time I come upon it. I dutifully look up the definition on my Kindle (one of the best features of an eReader, tyvm), then I immediately forget it and have to look it up when I come upon it in the next chapter.
So, in the interest of not getting dumber, I present what very well may be a single installment here on CdT since you never know what I'm going to stick with and what I'm not ... the random word of the post!
"The word shall be defined, then forced awkwardly and inarticulately into the other topics," she said sardonically, revealing her true feelings about the content of her blog. (First attempt - what think ye?)
sardonic \sar-DON-ik\ , adjective:
Scornful, mocking; disdainfully humorous.
Feel free to comment, on this post or other RWOTP posts that may happen in the future, if you think my use of the word is wrong. The last thing I want to do is hammer the wrong definition into my head. Onward! Oh, and bonus points to the any commenters who use my RWOTP in any comments going forward.
Last Day
Today's our last full day here. Since the departing flight is now so late in the afternoon, we'll be able to take care of packing everything tomorrow.
Avery and Henry and Christie have been playing with Legos for the past hour or two. I tried to play a bit, but Legos aren't my thing. Avery seems to like them, but I'm not sure she'd sit down and play with them by herself. It's highly unlikely that she would since there are very few activities she likes to do alone.
D and I have grand plans to look in all the stores along the paseo. Other than that, there are no plans for the day. Avery is still somewhat under the weather, though she's through the worst of it I think. She seems to really need a nap in the afternoons, so I expect that will be true today, too.
Turns out there's not a lot to say about it being our last day. "What did you think, Megan? That you'd miraculously come up with something interesting to say on the last day?" I'm thinking sardonically to myself.
It's now 9:45 pm. We had a fabulous day hunting "hermie" crabs (as Avery calls them). It was a lot of fun and I hope we can do it again tomorrow. Mom, if you're reading this, you would LOVE walking in this area with Avery. It's awesome. And I think you'd love a visit here more this time of year than in May, which is the the time of year you came last time, I think.
It'll relieve everyone to know that not only do my sand socks rock when I walk in dry sand, but also when I get them completely soaking wet. The tide was out when we were walking back, so we walked in the water a bit. I just threw caution to the wind and walked with my sand socks on. I assumed that sand would make it's way into the socks since they were completely submerged. However, when I took them off when we got home, my feet were wet, but completely sand free! How awesome is that? Almost as awesome as hermie crab hunting with your 4yo (and I say that without a trace of sardonic speech).
No comments:
Post a Comment