Makin' copies with Barkminster Fuller
Since Mom is visiting her brother in eastern Oregon for a few days, I'm in charge of walking Barkley while she's gone. He's a piece of cake to walk compared to Turtle and Eddie. No pulling, no fear of trucks or other loud noises, minimally excited at the site of other dogs. This was my first time walking him. I tried to take him for a walk by myself the other day, but it turns out that if Mom is in the house, Barkley has no interest in going on a walk with me. He got only so far down the sidewalk, then sat down and refused to go. He just kept looking back at the house, presumably waiting for Mom to join us on the walk. However, today without Mom around, he trotted happily beside me without issue.
Barkley's an interesting dog. In many ways, he's my ideal dog. He's more like a cat in that he pretty much just lays around all day. There's no pestering for attention. Also, once he's comfortable around whomever is in the house, he doesn't constantly leap up to greet you when you come in the room. It often means Avery has to walk around him laying in the middle of the floor, but I much prefer that to a dog who moves every time you approach.
For whatever reason, he's the type of dog that I give constant nicknames to. I am starting to remind myself of Rob Schneider in that SNL skit where he sits next to the copy machine. Barkster! Barkalicious! Barkminster Fuller (from the Buckminster Fuller, the inventor of the geodesic dome) Barnacle. Barky Bark and the Funky Bunch. I could go on and on ...
Routines
After so many routine disruptions in March, then Spring Break for Avery, things are finally starting to click back in place for me. I can tell when that happens because I start thinking about new craft projects I can undertake. And I'm finally back to logging my food and to do a daily walk, so that's good.
That be Buckminister .........
ReplyDeleteTypo - corrected.
ReplyDelete