Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Swimming

Walk
I missed my walk yesterday after sleeping in until 10:30. It was worth it. This morning I woke up at 6 and walked. It's the first time I've truly seen the sunrise here. It is beautiful. There's no chill in the air at all. I managed to walk for an entire hour, though my pace was probably lacking a bit. I even stopped to take a few pictures. Thinking about it, the stopping to smell the flowers so to speak was probably more of an achievement than the walk.



Swimming
We went swimming at the hotel pool the other day. Avery is basically swimming. I'm declaring this as the first time Avery swam on her own. When she was swimming around in the kiddie pool, she could propel herself anywhere in the pool, but when she stops to breathe she stands up. Regardless, she's able to hold her breath, get back up when she goes under, and is generally very competent (for her age) in the pool. It's nice that we don't have to be in the pool with her and can just watch her from the side. 

Vic & Mike's parents sent a floaty thing for Avery that's kind of like a kickboard. She loves it and kicked around the pool with it for a good hour or so. 

Sleeping
Vic and Mike are a bit tired having an 8-month-old and all, but they're troopers. They still try to stay up with us to visit and/or watch TV. They don't *always* succeed with the staying up part. This picture was taken the other night as we were watching episode 2 of Damages.


Speaking of sleeping, last night was the first time Avery asked to get into bed with us instead of sleeping on her little bed on the floor. I said OK, but now my back regrets it. I sleep much more stiffly when she's with us in this bed than in our bed at home. Anyway, I moved her back to the floor this morning and that transfer went OK, so I think I can just let her up for a bit and then just put her back on the floor next time.

Books
I read Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey From North Korea to Freedom in the West. I highly recommend it.

On to other books.

Today's Plan
After batting around all sorts of ideas, the big plan for today is walking around the big rock off the beach here (the area we explored with you and Henry, Christie). Oh, and Felipe is cooking for us tonight. Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment