Pages

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Strep

Strep
The big news is that I got strep. At least it felt big at the time because man was I ever hurting. Now that I've taken three doses of my antibiotics, I feel much, much, much better. I don't remember strep being that bad when I was a kid. I couldn't get through the night without Tylenol + codeine. The only reason I have that on hand is because I hardly ever taken pain medications that are prescribed to me. This time, I dug through the medicine cabinet until I found something that would help with the pain and drugged myself up. Between my throat and my achy body, it was awful.

But today I'm doing great. Tomorrow I plan to resume my walking regime along with food logging. Tuesday I'll return to Crossfit.

Unfortunately, we think D now has it. He has an appointment tonight to see.

Travel
Our flights back from Mexico were easy. We managed to get on an earlier flight out of LA, so we got home at 9:30 pm rather than 11:50 pm. So much better.

The layover in LA also went fast because Vic & Mike & Bear (or "the Vics" as Avery calls them) had a long layover, too. We sat in a diner, ate, and played spades.

When we were waiting in line to order food at the diner in LAX, I noticed the guy in front of me was wearing a "Fighting Reds" t-shirt. I looked closer and realized I recognized some of the names. Then I realized he was from Eaton. I tapped him on the shoulder and we visited about small world, etc. I guess it's not that strange to bump into someone from the same small town as me, but I note it nonetheless.


No comments:

Post a Comment