Dentist
I went to the dentist today. For me, going to the dentist is like what supermodels must feel like during a photoshoot. It's non-stop praise about my gums, my homecare, the state of my teeth, etc. It happens every time. Both the dentist and the cleaner made separate jokes about scheduling me all day everyday so I can just be their one patient. They mean it, of this I'm sure. I've decided that I should just schedule an appointment with the dentist whenever I'm feeling down. It's awesome.
Mom's (most likely) townhome
Tomorrow is the inspection for the townhome on which my mom has put an offer. It'll be interesting to see the space without stuff in it. The previous owners* have moved out, so all of their stuff will be gone. Other than the inspection, we'll also measure all of the rooms to get an idea of what Mom will put where. All fun stuff, of course,
The walls are all white right now, so we're planning to paint all the rooms after she closes, but before she moves in. Anyone here in PDX want to help out with picking colors or painting? :)
* Technically, they were renters, not owners. The townhome is held in a trust. Not sure of the correct wording to describe this. Basically, family friends of the deceased owner were living in it.
Avery and friends
Avery's been spending more time with Lily. It's nice to have a friend for casual playdates in the neighborhood. I also think the two of them, who are very alike and therefore can butt heads a bit, are learning to solve their differences on their own. Last time Lily came over for a playdate, I didn't see them the whole time. It looked like a hurricane had hit the upstairs, but I'll take a hurricane over bickering any day.
I babysat the G kids (with Mom's help - because she offered and I say don't offer if you don't want to help because I will take you up on it!) on Sunday morning while the G's went to brunch. The plan was that I'd then leave Avery there for the afternoon and evening since D and I had our date night on Sunday night. However, Avery was In A Mood when the G's got back. She snatched something from Nolan and wouldn't apologize. I said apologize or we go home. She chose to go home, which in turn upset Elise who was looking forward to a playdate with Avery. So that is how Elise came to spend the afternoon at our house playing with Avery and Nain. All kids who come to the house immediately ask where Nain is and if they can visit her. Man am I going to miss her when she moves out.
We haven't seen much of Henry or Josie lately, but this Thursday will rectify that. Yipee!
Movies
D and I saw both Magic Mike and Ted this weekend (one date night courtesy of Mom, the other of the Gs). Both movies are very funny. I enjoyed both thoroughly. Ted is raunchy and oh-so-wrong in spots, but that's what makes it hilarious. Magic Mike had slightly more of a plot than I was expecting, however, not so much that it takes itself more seriously than a male stripper movie ever should.
Spanish speaker
After RHG's comment regarding hosting a student to get a native speaker around us (versus an au pair we don't need), I did some investigation. I found a program that looks like it'll work, however, there are no students from Latin America or South America, so the student would come from Spain. I did research on Castilian Spanish versus Latin American Spanish. Basically, it's like the difference between American English and British English - same language, but different nuances.
I emailed the program, but haven't heard back from them yet. I'll call them in a week or so if there's still no response.
No comments:
Post a Comment