Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

stumped

... that is stumped for a subject

organizing
For some reason I was sleepy all day yesterday. I took two naps. This, of course, resulted in a burst of energy about 9 pm onward. I stayed up until about 1:30 this morning cleaning and organizing and reorganizing. I got a lot done. I continued with this effort today. It always feels good to get this type of stuff done.

I decided to move my sewing machine into my office so the serger and the sewing machine are in the same spot. This means the ugly fold out table I bought at Home Depot is more permanent. I'd like to put in a table with some shelves above it for sewing, however, I can't justify that cost given how much - or more accurately how little - I sew. I am liking having the sewing machine in my office because it can access my computer for looking up things, etc.

You might be wondering why I have so much time on my hands today when Avery's home with me. Well, she's been tidying her room for about 4 hours now. It's like pulling teeth to get her to do it. I clearly need to find a new system for getting her to do it, but for now, at least I've found a way to get her to play on her own: just tell her to tidy her room and her imagination explodes. Note: it was very quiet, so I went up to check on her and she fell asleep on a mountain of blankets in her room.

washing machine
You may remember (thought I doubt it) when my washing machine started acting up a couple of years ago. I was pondering whether I should get it fixed or buy a new one. During that time, it magically fixed itself and started working again. Today is has started acting up again. I decided that since I'm happy with the way it cleans clothes when it is working, it's probably more economical to get it fixed than to buy a new one. The repairman will come tomorrow afternoon.

dogs
And now I just wasted an hour looking at dogs online. I don't want a dog! But I want a dog. But I don't! But I do. I go back and forth. I love not having to deal with the mess. I love not having to get up to attend to yet another being in the house. However, I miss having a pet. What I really want is a hypoallergenic kitten, but I'm afraid that I'll pay a bunch of money for one and then D will still be allergic to it. Sigh. Oh, and plus Avery has started to ask for a dog.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you want a grand-dog. Play with it, love it, and then send it home with its parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is precisely what I want!

    ReplyDelete