When no one responded to my query about how long one should have to pine for a toy before caving to comsumeristic instincts, I took that to mean that I was fated to buy my toy. I considered buying it new because I can always convince myself I need the latest and greatest technology. However, since the one I could get off of Craigs' List cost me over 50% less, I went with that option.
My new toy, which I've wanted for years, is a scanner. But not just any scanner. A Fujitsu ScanSnap! Mine is an older version of the one I linked to. I'm absolutely thrilled with it so far. I've wanted to go paperless for years, but unless I had a fast scanner, that was not going to happen. I have just breezed through a massive pile of papers. This stuff makes me giddy!
And it's so freakin' easy that I'll be able to quickly scan documents that come in. Paperless will happen!
D's response: [inner eye roll I couldn't see, but knew was there] "how much did it cost" [I answer] "that's not too bad. whatever makes you happy." And that, folks, is the way to make a spouse happy.
Kung Fu
I somehow managed to completely forget about kung fu class and, for some reason, they weren't on the calendar. Today, as we left soccer, Avery asked when she got to go to kung fu again. It hit me that her class started in 45 minutes. So, after a quick stop at the grocery store, we zipped over and she had a great time.
Other minutia
- I cooked dinner for the second night since being back from Mexico. That must be some sort of record for me.
- I have no desire for more minutia because I am happily scanning away. Wheeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment