job search
I'm still working on my resume. I needed to strip out a lot of the technical speak and highlight my organizational and administrative experience given I'm applying for administrative assistant type jobs. D helped me write my cover letter for one position yesterday, so I think that's good to go ... cover letter and resume submitted to two companies - first hurdle done! --- Sunday
Resume is done and submitted. No calls yet. I expect it'll be a while. It's a rather odd experience dumbing down your resume. But I want a dumbed down job that I can't possibly bring home with me, so dumbing must be done. --- WednesdayAbbie
We had a trainer from Wonder Puppy come over for an hour yesterday to help us understand how better to make Avery feel comfortable with Abbie. She gave us a lot of great information about training, as well as explained that puppies and children don't really go together, despite what we tend to think about. Kids like to bug the puppies when they're sleeping; puppies have sharp teeth and want to get close to kids' faces. So she said management is 90% of the battle. Keeping the two separate when parents are in the immediate vicinity to intervene. I've been OK at that, but not perfect, so I'll step that up. I've been really impressed with the trainers from Wonder Puppy. --- Sundayrandom
D and I tried to deviate from our date night standard last night. While we deviate, we failed miserably at our mission. The intent was to have dinner at somewhere new, then hit a comedy club. We ended up eating at a mediocre place we've been before, then unable to go to the comedy club since the show was sold out. I guess we need to do more preparation before attempting a date night deviation. --- Sunday
This coming week is jam packed for me. I have a lot of various appointments and things with deadlines. Oddly, it feels kind of good to have a full but managable schedule. I've also started calendaring even smaller things like walking Abbie. It just helps me stay on track with my day. --- Sunday
Today was a busy day Abbie, Avery, and me. After dropping Avery off at school, I headed over to my therapist appointment. Abbie waited in the car in her crate, a skill which she's grown fond of (I believe). Following that we drove home to find the housecleaners cleaning away. I took Abbie for a 35ish minute walk, then played ball with her in the garage for about 20 minutes before hitting the road to pick Avery up at school. Abbie went back in the car crate and off we went. After Avery pickup, we had a whopping 1 hour at home. Avery watched some TV; Abbie and I napped fitfully. Next was Avery's kindergarten round-up (they call it kindergarten connect now). After that we beelined it for the first of Avery's two dance classes. During that, I took Abbie for a long walk around downtown. After the second of Avery's dance classes, we headed straight for the library where Avery and Nain go to storytime together every week. --- Wednesday
No comments:
Post a Comment