random
I've been monitoring my credit card charges lately. It's a newly resumed practice for me. Wouldn't you know it, the first week of doing this and I found that New Seasons charged me $154 for a $24 purchase! It turns out the cashier forgot to close out the transaction, so I ended up paying for the person behind me. This person just happened to be a New Seasons employee, as evidenced by their employee discount being applied to the $154 bill. I didn't ask if that meant the person behind me didn't get charged, or if it meant that this person was charged as well. Regardless, NS will be refunding me the excess charge. I was a little disappointed with the customer service. While the bookkeeper was nice and pleasant, she didn't apologize even once. That really bothers me.
Christie and RHG have been having me over to their respective homes for dinner each week. It's really, really, really helpful and nice to have that happening right now. It won't last forever, of course, but for now it's wonderful. Thank you both.
exercise
I was curious how long my daily walk/jog with Abbie, so I mapped it out. It's 1.9 miles. Of that, I run 1 mile total. Today I ran 2.5 portions of the 3 major uphill segments. I think I can get to all three soon, but I'll still have to stop and rest for 15 seconds or so between each segment. Progress is progress. --- Friday
I ran (i.e. stumbled as fast as I could) up all three segments in the cemetery! --- SaturdayAbbie
No post is complete without Abbie information, particularly given how much time and energy she takes right now. She's being spayed on Friday, March 22nd. It's possible that she might calm down a bit. Wouldn't that be nice?
After x amount of recovery time - tbd by the vet - I plan to sign her up to go to Run! Day Camp for Dogs. Of course, I'll visit the farm before I send her, but barring anything shocking or unworthy of $36 per day, it'll give me a break one day per week. The only snag is that the pickup time is 7-9 am. If it's closer to 9, then I'll have to have Mom drive Avery to school. However, I think that sacrifice (on Mom's part) is worth it for a whole day break from The Abscess (my nickname for her when she's being a pain in the butt).
I'm also considering doing 1 punchcard for five day trainings at Wonder Puppy. It's so much money, though, that I don't know if it's a good idea. $625 for the five days plus a 1 hour transfer session. What I am confident of, after having seen several of their trainers in action, is that it's an excellent school and they use only positive methods. However, $625. Ugh. If I knew it would do wonders to help with her jumping and her excitement upon meeting, well, anyone, and her snatching of things that aren't hers, I think I'd do it. I guess I'll talk to the trainers to see if the skills I really, really need her to be taught (and where I'm apparently failing miserably) will translate from their training sessions to my house. But $625. Ugh again.
No comments:
Post a Comment