While selling off furniture, I'm also acquiring a few items to make the smaller space more functional. First I bought the reclaimed barnwood bed off of craigslist. That wasn't so much to be functional as it was because I'm 37yo and I'm tired of not having a real bed.
Next I bought a desk from craigslist. Remember my conundrum in looking for a small table for the corner? I just happened to click on a CL posting above my "custom desk" post. It was a floating corner desk made of solid wood. It measures 44" on either side of the corner. I emailed my new home's current owner (it's FSBO, so I have met her a few times and have her email) to ask her to measure the distance between the corner and the window. It's exactly 44". Clearly I had to buy that desk.
Meanwhile, I've decided not to take our kitchen table even though I truly love it. It'll fit in the space, but it'll be tight. In this area in particular, I want traffic flow to be easy, so D is going to take the kitchen table and chairs for his place. I want a round pedestal table for the space. Of course, the one that I want (below) is just over $1k, and that is without chairs.
Yesterday on my drive between picking up the desk and going to my house to meet the buyers of the loveseat, I saw a sign for an estate sale. I love a good estate sale. I decided to pop in on the very off chance they had the exact size pedestal table I want. Wouldn't you know it they did! It's in the style below, though not white. It has a cream base and wood veneer top. Not exactly stylist, but it'll do until I either decide the above table is worth it, or until I find something that costs less that I still really like.
Still no offers on our house, but we've had some strong interest. Simply because of the market I'm optimistic that we'll get some bites soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment