The best thing about LOA: not getting the dreaded pit in my stomach on Sunday afternoon about having to go through another week of work.
Today was a good day. I slept in until around 10:30, then got up and played a quick game or two of computer Scrabble (I'm hoping this addiction is a passing one), then went to Kitchen Kaboodle to get some baking/cooking items. When I got back, Damian and I went to three open houses in our neighborhood to snoop. One house actually had a sauna in it and the house never had a buyer, so the builder just put it in there as part of the spec for the house. Seems very odd to me. Another is on an absolutely fabulous lot with views and a huge, flat yard (rare in our neighborhood), but the fittings were not to my taste, though most were of high quality. The third house is not new and was just your average house.
I made my first cheesecake when I got back. I'm pleased that the middle didn't crack, which I understand to be an issue with cheesecakes. We'll have it tomorrow night as it's supposed to chill for a day before serving. Annoying.
That's about it. I'm going to tear myself away from computer Scrabble and enjoy my book for a while: Pillars of the Earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment