Turtle had her 2-week check-up today with the vet who did her surgery. She is good to start slowly resuming normal activities. So today I took her on a very short walk around the block and then allowed her to come upstairs with me. She is more able to go upstairs than down and I have to prevent her from running, so it's kind of tough still. But, hey, at least I can take down the baby gate - that thing was a pain in the tookus to climb over every time I wanted to go upstairs. I also felt a sense of pride at the vet because Turtle was one of the few dogs to come in with all her stitches in tact. Apparently, most dogs mess with them and end up removing them before the 2-week check-up. I choose to believe it's due to my good SAHPM skills in rearing her that first year and then these last 6-weeks ... it has nothing to do with the fact that she has the best natural temperament of any dog I've ever met. Also a highlight of the visit was when some random vet tech came out to do something while I was in the waiting area and did a double-take when she saw Turtle and said "Oh! Is this Turtle?!" and then proceeded to tell me how adorable she was and how when Turtle came in for her surgery she told her boyfriend all about the cutest yellow Lab that came in for surgery. That's my girl!
I have also observed that I over use two particular punctuation elements: the ellipses and the hyphen ... I'll work on that - maybe next post. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment