Pages

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Caffeine, damn caffeine

It's 12:12 AM and I'm still wide awake. Why? Because since we gave up being regular diet Coke drinkers more than a year ago, my tolerance for caffeine and its affects has gone way down. I unwisely had a small diet Coke (no refills even) at our Indian restaurant dinner tonight and now I'm paying the price. I was just laying there in bed wondering why I couldn't sleep. Most people who have spent any time around me know that I can sleep like a pro - anytime, anywhere. The exception to this rule is caffeine after 6 PM. Then I'm screwed. Like now. When no one could possibly have updated her blog for me to read. Damn me and my short-term memory on the effects of caffeine.

Other news is that I'm likely going to switch email addresses after 6 years with Hotmail. Gasp! I got a gmail account about a year ago, but never actually used it since I have a lot of trouble forcing myself to switch interfaces. I like familiar things and like my buttons and things to be in the same place. For example, I have XP, but I use the classic Windows look because I couldn't stand the bubble-look of XP. However, RG pointed out to me that Google released their calendar and I had a look at that. I much prefer it to Hotmail's calendar and that I can create several calendars to get the coloring I like in Outlook's calendar means I am willing to switch so that my calendar is online. Anyway, this just leads to a natural progression of starting to use my gmail account. I need to send out an update email, so I'll probably do that from my gmail account announcing the switch. The other reason to switch is the continuing confusing I get when giving out my email address to people. They don't understand why it's megmoo now that I'm married.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:20 PM

    I will dearly miss the Moo..sigh, but progress is progress so on with the show.

    ReplyDelete