Well, I'm in the midst of making the chicken pot pie. I've made it twice and it never gets any easier. I still can't figure out quite why it's so much work, but it really takes about 2 hours to make it. I had to open up a new bottle of white wine for cooking and decided that I would pour myself a glass and test my wine drinking ability. I think I've managed to get down about 1/2 a glass and I feel pretty good. I'm making funny faces at the computer as I type this as if you can all see me nodding my head with a smug look on my face, so I guess I must be a little tipsy. When you drink almost nothing for 3 years and then have 1/2 glass of wine on an empty stomach, I guess it can hit you pretty hard. God, I hope I don't get sick.
I am planning to put the pot pie contents for freezing purposes in two types of containers. The first is just little aluminum tins. Advantage is it seems they'd be easier to deal with in terms of packaging. The second picture shows the other method, which is lining the mold with freezer paper and putting it in there. It seems that the aluminum tins will likely be much easier, if slightly more expensive. It's still costs far less than going out to eat.

The pot pie in the aluminum tins will need to either be moved to a different container for the microwave or warmed up in the oven. The freezer paper (I think) can go straight in the microwave. I am sure you already know this, but thought I'd point it out in regards to "warming up something really fast on a Friday night before we go out to a movie."
ReplyDeleteYes, both are designed to be taken out significanly ahead of time to be thawed in the refrigerator and then baked in the oven - no microwaving. The ones with the freezer paper will go back in the mold without the freezer paper. The ones with the aluminum will go into the oven. Thanks, though!
ReplyDelete