Pages

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sock Graveyard

Today was my first day of poop scooping the backyard since the lawn people come tomorrow. It wasn't bad, though I will wear gloves next time. Even though I'm using a scooper and a plastic bag the idea of getting anywhere near the poo creeps me out. I did find out what has been happening to all my socks. I couldn't figure out where all my black socks were going. Turns out, Eddie has been stealing them and distributing them all over the yard:



Apparently, Eddie has stolen more than just a few. There were others in spots I didn't really want to try and get to so this isn't the full inventory. I know it's Eddie because I've caught him sneaking out of my closet a few times with a sock in his mouth. He doesn't chew them up. Just seems to take them outside and leave them there. It's less of a problem now that the doggy door is closed because I'd see him taking one out now, but I won't be surprised if I find a stash of my socks in his crate or something. There were a couple of D's socks, but I'm much more prone to leaving mine laying around for the snagging. What I find odd is that almost all of them are black - no white ones and I tend to wear more white ones as my around-the-house socks. The other thing that Eddie is prone to snagging is the vacuum cleaner nozzle. If I leave this on the floor, he gently picks it up and takes it downstairs to the dog room. Again, he doesn't chew it up. Just takes it down there and sets in the middle of the floor. Very odd.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:55 PM

    the picture alone is hilarious. eddie's always been questionable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! I'm impressed he didn't eat them. Our friends' dog eats socks whenever he can and that's a real mess to clean up, if you know what I mean. Sounds like you will probably find all your black undies tucked away somewhere!

    ReplyDelete