Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Awaiting Chevy's Delivery

I am waiting for Biz Eats to deliver our Chevy's order of steak fajitas. It's been an exceedingly lazy day of soccer (Brazil v. Australia), MythBusters, and laying around. I haven't even walked the dogs! Don't worry, I will, but normally they would have gone on walk numero uno by now. Today will be a one-walk day.

I'm trying something new this weekend that comes naturally to, well, everyone but me: cleaning up after myself as I go. You see, I would LOVE to say that D is this big gigantic slob that I have to pick up after and who is the one primarily responsible for turning this house into a pig sty on a weekly basis. And it would be fair for me to complain that he doesn't wash dishes after he makes lunch or dinner. However, I am the hurricane in the house. For the most part, D doesn't complain about this; I believe that's mostly because I do all the cleaning and tidying now that I'm a full-time SAHPM (Stay At Home Puppy Mom). So over the past few days I've been making a concerted effort to put the dishes in the dishwasher instead of stacking them on the counter, and hanging up my coat instead of tossing it on the table, and tidying up the kitchen before I go to bed. It's working quite well, but we'll see how long I can keep it up. I have been thinking of implementing a sort of self-penalty system. Maybe for every day when I go to bed without tidying, I am not allowed to have candy at the next movie we go to.

Food was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment