Just got back from an afternoon walk with the dogs. It was hot out, so I didn't make Eddie wear the backpack and took them on the trail both ways (more tree cover = more shade = cooler). However, by the time we got home, both dogs were completely overheated. I have taken them both downstairs and given them a cold shower to cool them off and the air conditioning is on in the house so it's nice and cool, but both are still panting a good 15 minutes after our return. I guess I should have waited until later in the evening, but I was afraid I would lose motivation. You tell me which dog is smarter based on the pictures below:
Turtle, who finds the first air conditioning vent and plops herself directly over it:

Eddie, who simply lays in the middle of the floor:

Yes, I know Eddie is actually the smarter dog, but climate control is one thing Turtle is better at. She lays on the warm vents in the winter and on the cool vents in the summer. She's all about the comfort.
D is off to Denver tonight, so it's just me and the puppies to do laundry and any preparations for our vacation. I probably won't have any posts Wednesday, June 29th - Tuesday, July 4th. You all will have to get your daily dose of dog walk chatter elsewhere for those days.
No comments:
Post a Comment