Pages

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bad Neighbors

I finally walked over to the neighbors and said something to them face to face about them parking in front of our mailboxes since the voicemail I left months ago had no impact. The last few days, the only reason we've gotten mail is because I've walked out to the mailman when he drives up so I can get the mail from him directly. The mailman knows that we are not the ones parking there, but I can understand that when it's hot and he's busy, he won't necessarily want to go the extra mile to get out of the truck and deliver our mail when he is not obligated to do so. Anyway, I just nicely asked the guy who opened the door not to park there otherwise we don't get our mail. He said OK, but I don't have a lot of confidence that he'll change his ways. I also emailed our HOA president to find out if there are any rules that would require them to park in their garage, or that make it unacceptable to park in front of mailboxes. It's so aggravating that they don't care at all. I reacted quickly and made serious changes when they complained about our dogs barking and they can't walk a few extra feet and avoid parking in front of the mailboxes? I wish they would just drop the price and sell the damn house. I hate picking a fight here, but the post office is like 7 miles away. That is most certainly not convenient.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Good luck, M--I hate neighbor stuff like that. You'd think it would be so obvious to them that you are being nice and reasonable, but it's almost as though some people take some kind of perverse pleasure in asserting power in stupid ways like parking in front of your mailbox. Had a similar confrontation with our neighbors who would come out to smoke under our bedroom window every night between 1 and 2 am and wake us up. They politely smiled and nodded when we went over there and asked them to smoke somewhere else, then kept on doing it. The only thing that resolved it was when their next door neighbor started doing the same thing to them, and they realized how annoying it was. Now we have bonded by complaining about the third neighbor and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:24 PM

    i think you could technically have their car towed as blocking the mailbox is impeding the function of the federal government, not unlike blocking a fire hydrant. this is why i always take care not to block the doorway/mailbox of peoples' homes when parking on the street.

    ReplyDelete