Pages

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Floors

The floor guy is finally here fixing our warped floors. We're still not sure what he's going to do about the cracks in the floor, which he expected to have closed completely during the summer months. He's going to talk to the builder and then we'll go from there. This stuff takes all my patience. Oh well, at least they're not the type of builder that avoids our phone calls or issues - they've actually be very responsive about everything, so I'll just assume the floors will, ultimately, be the same way.

I put a note in the neighbors mailbox yesterday afternoon restating our request that they not park there anymore. I also apologized if I was a bit abrupt and explained it was due to annoyance at the possibility of having our mail delivery cease, so hopefully they'll get the message that it's only about the mail, not about the fact that they literally have upwards of seven cars parked out front of their house on a daily basis. I don't know if they'll even end up reading it because their mail doesn't seem to get delivered v. often because the postal guys don't seem to deliver their mail very often. The mailman did come back to our house yesterday to let me know that he'll do his best to deliver our mail - he knows it's that neighbor. He also said he was surprised that the neighbor didn't care that he wasn't getting his mail because he's a builder so he gets a lot of business related mail. My theory at this point is that the builder isn't really living there very much and he lets his kids and his kids friends just crash there. It will be so nice when a normal family without so much in and out moves in.

Not much else going on. Went out for Indian food last night with some travelers from one of D's projects. The food was OK, but not great. I have discovered I love dried apples, so I'm eating tons of dried apples lately. I'm sure I'll eat too many and then won't touch them for years, as is typical of my eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment