I decided to head to Whole Foods to get some more lotion since that's the only place I've found that carries this particular brand of lotion that has no alcohol in it (does anyone else find it odd that every major lotion puts alcohol in it when that is something that dries out your skin?). Anyway, I got into Whole Foods and go so distracted by everything beautiful and yummy that by the time I left I'd spent $30 of stuff I hadn't intended to buy there and forgot to get the lotion. Smooth. I wish Whole Foods were cheaper so I could shop there exclusively without guilt. Alas, I only go there for meat when I'm doing a special dinner (i.e. cooking for anyone other than D and myself) and when I need health items not likely found in other stores (oh, and for lotion).
It's a beautiful day here. Sunny, but not too hot. I can wear jeans to run errands without overheating, but normal people would wear shorts. Lovely. Based on my Google weather display, we seem to be one of the few places not experiencing excruciating heat. It supposed to hit 91 on Thursday.
I bought a mix for a sweet corn chowder from the bulk section at Whole Foods. We'll see how that turns out. It sounds delicious - I love corn chowder. Speaking of corn, there was a fascinating podcast from NPR on corn the other day. I know not too many people listen to podcasts, but if you have any interest in nutrition and in food in general, you might want to download this one. I'm trying to find the exact title of it, but my computer is not cooperating. Flippin' laptop! Well, I don't think my blood pressure can handle this. It was on Talk of the Nation. That's as much as I can obtain without exploding from rage due to my computer locking up. I know, be thankful I even have a computer. ARGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment