Pages

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Groundhog Day

Our typical night time routine:
  • 9:00 - 11:00: D and I go upstairs to watch the TiVo and chill before bedtime
  • 11 ish - I head downstairs to let the dogs out and put them downstairs to sleep for the night
  • 11:15 - I return upstairs and D will have selected his "go to sleep" show ... kind of like a baby needs his blanket to sleep, he claims to need TV.
  • 11:20 - D falls asleep immediately
  • 11:25 - I confirm snoring, then get up to turn off the TV and shut the doors of the armoire (I can't stand the hum of the TiVo or TV when they're off)
  • 11:25:15 - D wakes up and claims he's not asleep
  • 11:25:16 - I tell D to stuff it and go back to snoring

Last night, I head upstairs only to hear the same show that he's been trying to watch for about five nights now ... I admit I yelled an expletive in frustration. *I* have watched this thing five times. D, on the other hand, makes it about five minutes into the show and then falls asleep each night. Then, because he doesn't really remember those last sleepy minutes from the previous night, he starts it with a little repeat each night. He's making no progress, yet insists he really wants to watch the show. I'm now a total expert on Edward R. Murrow.

He's got another 2 days and then I'm just going to accidentally delete that damn show!

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing so hard because it hits so close to home. Our conversations are Me: Honey, let's finish watching this CSI. Mike: No, I don't want to watch this one AGAIN or the other 4 on the list because you fell asleep to all of them. Dammit, give me the TiVo.

    ReplyDelete