Pages

Monday, August 28, 2006

Season 2 Marathon

After determining there were no other movies we wanted to see, D & I headed to Blockbuster on Saturday evening to see if we could find something to rent. We left with the first two (of four) discs with Project Runway - Season 2. I wanted to get all four initially, but D exclaimed, "That's 16 hours of TV!" We, of course, had to head back to Blockbuster on Sunday afternoon to get the other two discs after we voraciously watched the first 8 episodes back-to-back (it's not actually a full 16 hours of TV because there are no commercials and I don't think there are a full 16 episodes; nonetheless, it was a lot of TV). In the end, we watched all of season 2 this weekend, then watched the lame Emmy's last night.

My main issue with the Emmy's: why do they award more than one Emmy to a person for doing the same character? This makes no sense to me. Once you win once for a character, you should be out of the running to win again for that same character. The other problem with it this year was that so many people won for cancelled or finished shows. How stupid is that? Finally, I think I'm turning into a prude because all I want those women to do is put away their boobs. If your boob is at risk falling out of your dress (as did actually happen this year to some woman behind the acceptor for an award for The Office ... TiVo confirmed it as we watched it 2 or 3 times), then you should really put on more clothing. Not once, in my entire life, has my boob ever just fallen out of my clothes. Celebrities seem to have this problem all the time.

We didn't workout yesterday, breaking my streak. However, I was back on the wagon today and had a great workout. I was pretty exhausted on Saturday night and not feeling too great, so I think I had mentally decided that I would be sick on Sunday. Then, even though I wasn't actually sick when I woke up on Sunday, I had already taken the day off in my head. I plan to both the lower and upper body weight workouts tomorrow when I have more time. The rest of today will be devoted cleaning the house, walking the dogs, and cooking dinner. The house is quite the pigsty from a weekend of doing nothing but eating and watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment