That's right. Don't laugh. We went to see Snakes on a Plane and Accepted ... in the same weekend. Sometimes you go to movies just to have a good time. I thought both movies were quite good for their genre. Meaning, I wouldn't say either is award-worthy, or good at character development, or has a plausible plot, but both provide laughs and mindless fun. That's not a bad thing. I really need to stop eating so much candy at the theaters, though. Sheesh. Those damn strawberry belts coated in sugar are so delicious, though.
Eddie's new disposition on walks continues to astonish me. I haven't touched his pinch collar in three days. Leashed only to his nylon collar, he walks loose leash beside or behind me the entire time without ever challenging. It takes only the slightest noise from me and he'll back up a few steps without complaint; interestingly, I don't have to make the shock noise - just making a "shhh" noise works just as well now (that was not the case before the bark collar). Today was an absolutely wonderful feeling. About 50 feet in front of us as I turned a corner, this little girl had her pug on a flexi-leash. The pug saw T&E and was pulling towards them very excitedly. The little girl was having a hard time controlling him (she was very small to be walking a dog on her own). I told T&E to sit, both did so immediately. Eddie started to whine ever so slightly. I made a slight "shhh" noise and Eddie immediately stopped and just looked up at me. They both sat there for a good minute while the little girl and her sister pulled the pug into their house. Then we proceeded with no issues. When we passed the house with the two dogs off-leash barking at us, Eddie didn't even look at them - I didn't have to correct him once. We passed another large dog being walked and Eddie again was perfect. Turtle lunged at the last second and I realized that now that Eddie's aggression issue seems to be solved (at least for the moment), I can work on Turtle's impolite, excited behavior, which has always taken a backseat since I had to focus completely on Eddie. I cannot express how wonderful this change is.
Today will be 16 days in a row of working out. Woohoo! I am noticing a slight difference, though no where near what I would see if I were also doing weights and watching what I eat. I eat fairly well most of the time. It's really just vacations where I lose my mind and eat enough to feed a family of four on a daily basis. Speaking of food, we found a great Mexican restaurant near the movie theater we go to most of the time. I also discovered an excellent lasagna dish at another nearby restaurant. Gives us some more variety on my cook-less weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment