Pages

Friday, August 11, 2006

Workout

Time to go workout. Ugh. It's not so much the actual working out as much as the leaving the house and going to the gym I don't want to do. At least I have new workout clothes to wear. Thanks for the strength training article, Vy! I took away one major thing from the personal trainer we hired 1.5 years ago: your core strength is the most important overall. I still do the "bridge" everyday, except I do three 30-second sets (I didn't know it was called that...learned that from reading this article you put in the comments). Everyday I also do at least 100 crunches using the ball; I'm planning on doing 150 starting today. I like those far more than any ab machines or floor crunches. It really seems to isolate just my abs for me without making my neck all sore. I think I must use my neck more when I'm on the floor. Perhaps what I'll do is print out this article and take it to the gym so I have guidance for the other strength exercises. Despite the fact that I have, at one time or another, done all of these, I can never remember what else to do when it comes to strength/weight. Interesting, our personal trainer said we should stick to a single type of cardio machine for about 4-6 weeks, then switch. Not do what I'm doing right now and switch on a daily basis. I can't remember his rationale for this, but I'm switching around so I don't get bored and quit.

The lawn guys came way earlier today than they usually come (8:30 vs. 1:00 pm), so now I'll have the joy of trying to pick up mashed up dog poop upon my return. I guess it's better than having to mow over the stuff. I felt badly for the guys, but that's what they get for getting her so damn early! Here's an adorable picture of Turtle on a walk this past Christmas to make the thought of my poop pick-up task more tolerable:


I was hoping to go see Little Miss Sunshine tonight, but D won't be home until late, so I guess we'll go see that tomorrow. I doubt we'll go see World Trade Center. We saw United 93 because it was so non-movie-like without emotional games with backstories on anyone's lives, no truly recognizable actors, etc. It seems to me when the lead is a major star, it becomes too dirty with just that one thing, though I can't say I condemn it because I haven't seen it.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Moo..you may be pushing too hard with the workouts. Take a break! 6 days in a row is insane. Your body, mind, and motivation needs a little time away to re-energize. Awesome though that you are doing so great. It's hard to keep at it. I'm desperate to join a gym because it's so hard to stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, but I'm trying a new approach this time. Rather than actually taking a day off, I'm just having some days where my workout is really light. I am one of those people where it's harder for me to actually get started than to actually do it, so once I start saying I'll take a day off here and there, then I just end up taking a week off and then I haven't worked out in 6 months. So, this time I'm just aiming for everyday and somedays will kind of be a bit of a chill at the gym. :) At least until I get in more in the habit, this will be my approach. It's like my dog walking. I am now wholly confident that I will make time to do it everyday because that is just what I've established is required of me.

    There's no way I could do what you're doing and not go to a gym. The only way is if I had an elliptical machine at home that was of gym quality. And even then, I'm not positive. I actually quite like 24 Hour Fitness, but I hear that Bally's has a women-only weight area and that sounds v. cool to me.

    ReplyDelete