Rebates are so stupid. I know why companies offer them: it makes the price seem lower and only a small percentage of people actually redeem their rebates. The only positive experience that I've ever had with rebates is with TiVo when they graciously agreed to give me a rebate despite the fact I was missing the original UPC code (I had all other proof of purchase information since I bought it from them).
It drives me nuts that I have to mark on my calendar when my rebate should arrive and then about 75% of the time, I have to chase down the rebate. For instance, D just bought a new phone from T Mobile and their website shows that they never received the rebate submission. Bastards! It just makes me loathe a company when they make people do this. It certainly does not build brand loyalty, except in the case of TiVo who made the process easy and efficient.
No comments:
Post a Comment