Tonight D and I are going to dinner with a colleague of his (and formerly mine) who is in town on business. We're going to an "urban French Brasserie" called Fenouil in the Pearl District. We walked by it the other night and thought it looked like a great place to eat.
While listening to my usual podcasts the other day, one of the NPR: Driveway Moments podcasts I found especially touching, inspiring, and interesting: Father Boyle, Founder of Homeboy Industries. I would recommend that anyone with an iPod and some time (idle time spent commuting or waiting in line is perfect for these things) should consider downloading that one. Dad - you could easily listen to it via iTunes. Just go to the Music Store section of iTunes, click on podcasts and search for NPR: Driveway Moments. You can subscribe to it and it will download for free.
The weather is beautiful today; I'm hoping it is this nice for the Green Tour of Homes we're doing on Saturday with RG & JG. In honor of their visit, I've also ordered a cake from a local bakery aptly named Piece of Cake (I know, I know, I should resist such temptations, but I had a piece of this cake a few weeks ago and it was too good not to order a cake for the next possible occasion). I've ordered the Marionberry Poppyseed. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I just have to say "hear hear" for ordering a cake in anticipation of our visit. We are looking forward to it. :)
ReplyDeleteSigned,
No Beta Link Yet