Pages

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dumber

Today is a low motivation day. I couldn't drag myself out of bed (except to feed the dogs, but then I went right back). Part of it is that I woke up with a headache and that is not good. However, at least my back is completely back to normal. I haven't had the pain regardless of how I sit or move in about 4-5 days now. I am fairly convinced that it was the running on the treadmill that just basically pushed something slightly out of alignment. Treadmill/Running = Evil; Elliptical Machine = Good. The bad news is that my lack of getting up early enough to walk the dogs and workout means that I will not be able to workout today, which drops my Goal Chunk #2 percentage from 81.3% to 76.5%. Bummer.

Just read this article on YME about a protest at a university for the deaf and hearing impaired. I know it's wrong, but I couldn't help thinking that this must be a very quiet protest.

I'm scared I'm getting dumber. I have spelled two words that I know how to spell incorrectly in the past couple of weeks (lewd as lude ... and even worse: flour as flower). I think I shall have to start doing crosswords everyday to make my mind work a little more. Probably also a problem is that I have not read a book in a while. I go through reading waves and right now I'm in a trough and have been for quite a while. Perhaps I'll start a book in Vegas this weekend.

Well, I'm off to do my volunteering shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Just read 'On Beauty' by Zadie Smith--great book and will make you feel all intellectual again after revisiting university life. Loved it. Not sure if it is really Vegas reading material, but maybe after that.

    ReplyDelete