Pages

Monday, October 09, 2006

Gifts for a 2-year-old

Our nephew's 2nd birthday is coming up soon. I have no clue what is appropriate, so I'm going to post a few ideas. If anyone has time and an opinion, let me know which ones you like. I'm trying to avoid buying anything too big since their house is not huge.

Toys...
Counting Teddies Train - I like this one because it helps with counting, colors, and matching.

Reward Chart - I like this one because it's about teaching kids to earn their rewards. It seems a tad mature for a 2-year-old, though it does say for ages 2-10.

Art Paper Holder - I really like this one, but it says for 3 and up. Does it seem too old for a 2-year-old?

World (Material) Globe - Seems like learning geography would be a good thing, but it could double as a ball since it's soft. Note: This link goes to a general page. To find it, you have to search the site for "globe" and it'll show a colorful material globe in the results. I don't think I can buy from this site on principle alone. What kind of person would I be to support a site that doesn't allow you to send a link to a specific item?

Elephant Alphabet Puzzle - I love elephants, so no wonder I like this one, but it does say 3 years +. :( Note: Same issue as the globe. Must search for "elephant" and then it's the "Wood Like to Play" elephant.

Moving onto clothing...
"100% Cute" Long Sleeve Shirts - OK, these are mostly because I like the colors.

Gavin Jumper - I just think this sweater is adorable.

3 comments:

  1. Reese will be two in December, so have some insight into the whims of a 2 year old. That being said, her favorite toy is an empty instant coffee tin and a plastic drumstick :)

    The clothes are very cute and will be much appreciated by the parents :)

    Toy wise, the reward chart is too advanced, the trainset a little too "baby". The puzzle is cute - he may use it right away but will down the road. The globe he's not going to "get" for a while, and he probably already has plenty of balls.

    I like the art paper thing. Reese loves to sit at her little table and color.

    She also loves anything musical and ride-on toys. I know you said space was an issue, but Reese would love any of these: http://www.littlebundles.co.uk/wooden-ride-on-toys.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese will be two in December, so I have some insight into the whims of a 2 year old. That being said, her favorite toy is an empty instant coffee tin and a plastic drumstick...

    The clothes are very cute and will be much appreciated by the parents :)

    Toy wise, the reward chart is too advanced, the trainset a little too "baby". The puzzle is cute - he may not use it right away but will down the road. The globe he's not going to "get" for a while, and he probably already has plenty of balls.

    I like the art paper thing. Reese loves to sit at her little table and color.

    She also loves anything musical and ride-on toys. I know you said space was an issue, but Reese would love any of these: http://www.littlebundles.co.uk/wooden-ride-on-toys.asp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Very good to know. I figured the train was a bit too young, but I really liked it!

    ReplyDelete