In Denver, we never recycled junk mail because the recycling program didn't accept it and I was too lazy to find a place to take it. Now our recycling program accepts almost everything, so I am a diligent junk mail recycler. I never realized the volume of junk mail we received. I long ago sent a letter to the address For one, we receive about every catalog known to man (one of these days, I'll start attacking them one by one to remove myself from their mailing lists). We also get so many damn magazines that most of them get tossed into recycling without ever being read. That one is clearly our own fault. Then there is just all the other crap we get:
- Constant requests for charity
- Car insurance statements that seem to change on a weekly basis
- Coupons
- Points programs mailings (why can't they just email?!)
To make matters worse, I also get a fair amount of mail addressed to my old company. It's only because this address got listed as a DBA (doing business as), so every company likes to try to get me, someone they think is a business owner, to buy things. I can't imagine how much more mail we'd get if we had our bills mailed to our house, too. It feels like I am constantly recycling the paper and managing all of it coming through the house. I cannot wait until we really do have a paperless society. I've gotten to the point where I look at mail I get from actual people I know as being an inconvenience and not the thrill that it once was. It's just more paper to sort through (birthday cards with large amounts of cash not withstanding). Maybe I'll start calling or emailing catalogues to get that volume reduced. It's such a waste.
Tonight, I think we're doing Mexican followed by a movie. Yum and woohoo.
I did manage to make myself workout yesterday and am hoping to workout after I get back from walking the dogs this afternoon. It's a beautiful, sunny day and the dogs have been waiting patiently for their walk, so I suppose we should head off now.
We just got new recyling bins!!! Not actually bins more like a big trash can. The great news is we can throw just about everything in it including mags, etc. I agree with the paper nonsense. Denver Homes gets so much freaking junk. I have a separate box in my office just to throw stuff in. GRRRR
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've got four different recycling bins placed strategically throughout the house to catch all the stray paper and cardboard (and other recyclables).
ReplyDelete