Pages

Monday, November 06, 2006

The Return!

I'm back from spa weekend! I landed last night around 6 pm, drove home, said hi to the dogs, then D and I immediately left the house to get dinner and see Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. It was much funnier than I thought it would be - shocking at times, but still very funny.

Let's see...what to recount about spa weekend? BT was quite the trooper to do this at 8 months along in her pregnancy and I don't think I heard one complaint out of her the entire time. Impressive. I'd probably be whining up a storm...or at least observing up a storm. I don't much feel like a long paragraph, so here are the highlights:
  • I had 4 treatments total.
  • I rate the spa 3 out of 5 stars overall.
  • My worst treatment in terms of value was reflexology; I have gotten a better hand massage from people shaking my hand - wholly unsatisfying would be my description for that treatment. I guess the best one was the salt glow, not because it was relaxing or had noticeable results afterwards, but it was what I expected.
  • Had a wonderful time overall because it was great to catch up with friends and just hang out. Also, the break from the rain and gray here was nice.
  • We had a lovely afternoon tea on Saturday followed by a delicious dinner at Thai place in Scottsdale.
  • Of course, no trip to AZ would be complete without In-and-Out Burger, which is where we stopped for lunch on Sunday.
Today, I have a few things on my project plan for the week to begin getting ready for the party on Friday. Mostly I just need to spend time thinking of what all I need to be doing Tuesday through Friday, so I guess I need to DO the project plan. :)

The weather here is not conducive in the least to getting my butt in gear. It's not just gray and rainy, but it's also windy and generally miserable. The dogs haven't been walked since Thursday and they slept on the bed while I was gone, so the walks the next few days are going to be challenging (I know, you wouldn't think the sleeping on the bed would be linked to how well they walk, but it is).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Glad to hear the weekend went well. I've been dying for news about it. --MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds looveely :-)

    ReplyDelete