My house stinks. It's not for no reason, though. Last night, around 8 PM, I decided to attempt the Maple-Chili Popcorn I was planning to make for the party next Friday. So I cut the recipe down to 1/4 and followed the directions exactly. After it had been in the oven for substantially longer than the recipe indicated, I finally gave up, threw out the un-popped kernels of corn and decided it not worth the effort of figuring out what happened to screw up the recipe.
After all that, I decided I wanted popcorn and we just happened to have Kettle Corn in microwavable bags. So I put it in the microwave for the appropriate amount of time and went over to the living room to watch Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares while waiting. I got so distracted by the TV show that I didn't notice the large amount of smoke pouring out of the microwave. We had to open the patio door and several windows for about 15 minutes before the smoke disappeared, but the odor remained. It was so bad that you couldn't go in the kitchen unless you held your breath. It's amazing how little smoke it takes to make it difficult to breathe. Anyway, I left the fan in the kitchen and the main floor bathroom on all night, but there's still an odor. Oh well, at least I'm out of here for the weekend! (Poor D).
I have failed miserably on my workout goal for Goal Chunk #3. Once I fell behind, that is when I kept thinking, "Well, I've already missed the goal... what is the point?" I am not going to let this discourage me from another goal chunk, however, I'm going to set it at 50%. Hopefully I'll be able to do that and then get slowly work my way back up to 60% and then 75%. 75% seems a good number to shoot for on a regular basis, but I'll be pleased with 50-75%.
It's nasty out right now, but I must still walk the dogs now since I have volunteering later today. At least it's stopped raining. A little damp and gray never hurt anyone (with appropriate clothing).
I had remembered reading in the recipe, the popcorn is supposed to be popped already before it goes in the oven?
ReplyDeletemavm
Yes, what screwed me up was that it says it in the ingredients rather than in the instructions. This tends to snag me often (like when I made Baked Stuffed Shells the first time and since it didn't say to cook the shells first in the instructions, I failed to do that.)
ReplyDeleteCan we tell I never make popcorn?