We decided against buying the HD TiVo as our joint gift (don't really need that) and went with all new bed linens and a new down comforter. Our down comforter had gotten quite thin and both D and I have been waking up cold at night. We've been resorting to putting fleece blankets across our bed, so it looked like a hodge podge of blankets. D was in charge of buying our joint gifts and did a great job picking out a duvet cover and sheets. He even bought two of everything so it's easy to rotate when I change the sheets each week. He went with sateen sheets made from beechwood after speaking with another shopper in the store who said he had 1,000 thread count sheets (the über expensive ones) and said his wife always requests the beechwood sheets before the 1,000 thread count. It's also wonderful to have a puffy, warm (presumably) down comforter in the duvet cover. Our old one was so flat and empty in spots, so it was really quite sad looking. I'm quite looking forward to going to sleep tonight.
Dinner last night turned out pretty good, though Mom and D thought the lamb was too rare, so we put it back in a while. I prefer it rare, though they were right that it was probably a bit underdone. Regardless, it turned out to be a nice meal. I took some pictures:
Roasted Butternut Squash, Red Grapes, and Sage (before cooking)
Rack of Lamb (before cooking)
Our Dinner (not too fancy, but it'll do)
Finally, updated pictures of the AeroGarden. My salad greens are coming along nicely. D keeps says, "And how much does lettuce cost at the store? 30¢?" Screw him! We'll have freshly, personally grown lettuce, which is a first for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment