We ate out last night with a couple of collegues from D's work at this Agentinian place. Each of us ordered the sampler plate, which came with several types of meats. None of us thought to ask how much meat each of us would get. When we were served, it came as a huge platter of flesh. There was more than 32 oz of meat PER PERSON on that platter. I've never seen such a plate of flesh for just four people. I was so done with the idea of eating meat after the first steak. Then, their desserts didn't sound appetizing, but I still had a sweet tooth, so I ordered room service when we got back to the room.
I'm posting this from my laptop in our hotel room in Seattle. We're on the 42nd floor with a view of the harbor, so it's not a bad room. The hotel is odd because it's a round building, thus our room is a sort of pie shape. The drive up yesterday wasn't too bad, though for half of it I had excellent weather and the other half was driving in torrential rains. Having my iPod all loaded up with podcasts worked out great. I will definitely be sure to do that on all future road trips. I did stop and eat at McDonald's along the way, but I blame Burgerville for that. I pulled off at that exit because I saw a sign for Burgerville; if you're not familiar with the Pacific NW, the best way to describe it is as a close rival to In-N-Out burger in terms of yumminess, though In-N-Out still wins. Anyway, I tried to pull into the drive through, but it appeared as though some moron parked his truck blocking the entrance and just left it there. So I pulled up only to discover it was closed for employee appreciation. I was forced to go to McDonald's - bastards! I have decided to stay until D's meeting is done on Thursday afternoon so he can drive home with me.
Last night's sleep was not good and, as a result, I slept in quite late this morning - 11 AM. They call it the heavenly bed, but if that is what beds are like in heaven, I'll take hell, please. My back is killing me.
Today I walked around the hotel near me and did some shopping, though I didn't actually buy anything. I have to have a goal with shopping. I can't just shop for no reason. I thought about going to see a movie, but didn't feel like sitting through a movie at that point. Now I'm kind of regretting that decision.
PS Spelll check is not working on the laptop right now, so forgive any typos (not that typos are necessarily unusual for my blog!)
No comments:
Post a Comment