Pages

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Seattle, iPod, iPhone

I'm heading up to Seattle to spend a few days with D while he's up there. He's working, of course, but I'll get to spend a couple of nights with him and go to some (hopefully) good restaurants, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll drive up, so I've got my iPod all loaded up with content to make the drive less painful. The dogs will head to Noah's Arf for a couple of days of hard playing. I did still take them for a walk today because I could hear Cesar in the back of my head saying that play time does not equal a walk. Damn Dog Whisperer guilt!

Speaking of iPods, I just got my monthly TiVo newsletter and I can now purchase Roxio to transfer shows from our downstairs TiVo (the upstairs one is not network-able because it's older) to my iMac and then convert them to download onto my iPod. This capability is the entire reason I originally wanted a video iPod, though now that I've become addicted to podcasts, that seems like a distant desire. Anyway, I think I'll probably end up buying this software at some point, hopefully before we go to Hawaii so I can take my TV shows with me on the plane to make the flight go by quicker. I'll have get a battery backup for the iPod to truly make it enjoyable, though.

I was also excited to see that Apple is releasing the iPhone. I definitely won't be buying this until I lose my phone or it dies, but it's exciting if it's designed as well as the iPod is. We'll have to see. It's hard for me to justify spending a large chunk of change on a cell phone since I don't use it very often.

OK, I should get back and get ready to hit the road. I want to leave early enough so I miss afternoon traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment