Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Griffin

Kathy Griffin was very good last night. I've seen several big name comedians perform live and I think she is the best I've ever seen in terms of always having a comeback and being able to go off on tangents and then return to a topic 15 minutes later. Her humor is not for everyone, but the sold out crowd at this fairly large auditorium loved her. Of course, the audience was filled with lots of gays, since they really love her. If you've watched her show, you know she has a group of friends she calls, "my gays." There were also a number of extremely overweight people there - not just people with a bit more heft, but obese and extremely obese. I don't know if I just don't hang out in places where lots of overweight people are, but it was very noticeable. Either everyone just got a lot bigger all of a sudden, or there is a bit of a demographic preference for that type of humor.

Before the show we went to eat at Hurley's and accumulated lots of miles as a result. I have no idea how they stay in business with their location, but the food was very good. Presentation was excellent and service was pretty good - not quite as good as it could have been, but they were hosting a private BD party, so it can be forgiven. Our imaginations went a bit active when D thought he saw Reichen (from the Amazing Race and Lance Bass' boyfriend) and then I leaped to, "Well, Kathy Griffin is in town and they're friends, so it might be him."

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Beckham and Posh are moving to the US? Now I have to see her stupid face plastered all over the magazines? I have never understood why the English public was so obsessed with them and that lack of understanding has now turned into loathing. I might have to cancel my US Weekly subscription if she starts getting lots of coverage.

I'm just back from the dog park. Eddie and Turtle did very well playing with the other dogs, particularly Eddie (Turtle has always been very good). Eddie did make a not-so-great first impression with KMK when he leaped out of the back of the car and ran away when I first opened the doors. He eventually came back and we put on his collar, but really! Fortunately, that was the low point and he played nicely with all the dogs, including Milo, KMK's dog. Milo was very subdued - KMK said more so than usual, so maybe T&E were a bit intimidating for him.

D has gone off to work out while I was at the park. I can't say I'm bummed about missing the workout.

2 comments:

  1. I think VB is awful and I hate that there are a gazillion pictures of her on Yahoo's most emailed. GRRR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support. I cannot be alone in my loathing of her. Maybe I can get a letter writing campaign started to US and People and all those magazines to get any coverage of her banned. Because *this* is what is important in life. Aug goes to AIDS crisis and poverty conferences and I get all fired up about VB. All is right with the world.

    ReplyDelete