Update on my Indoor Composter: it's now in the garage. I think instead of describing it as "nearly silent" it should be described as "not that loud." Granted, I'm far more sensitive to noise than most people (anyone who has ever been around me when football is on in the background or if someone cranks up Christmas music in the house over the holidays can attest to that), but it's still a bit inaccurate. Also, it is indeed odorless when it's closed, but you have to open it up to put stuff in. That smells is unreal. I am now using a method where I hold my breath and do it very fast and then don't breath until I'm back inside because the smell is so awful that it's like it sticks in my brain even after the odor is gone. Fortunately, the smell doesn't linger long, so it's not like the garage is stinky. It's also not as easy to use as I expected. You have to balance between the green and brown elements (green is stuff like vegetables, meat, leaves and brown is stuff like pasta and paper products), so knowing what has been put in the bin the past few days is important. I have it all ready to compost in the next 24-hours. I think I just push a button and then it does it's thing. I'll let you know how my dirt comes out. Am I the only person who asks for very expensive appliances to yield what are typically cheap products? Between the AeroGarden currently producing our salad greens (coming along very nicely) and the Indoor Composter about to produce some soil, I am beginning to wonder if I have a screw loose. Next thing you know, I'll be buying a machine to produce, well, dirt... dang it! I already have that.
Picture time! I finally photographed the orchid that Jeremy sent me. I moved it downstairs into the kitchen where the orchid I had for the longest time in hopes I'll manage not to kill this one.
wow, that looks fantastic! :) just keep it moist and you should be fine.
ReplyDeletejust back from nyc, will email this weekend hopefully. j