- I successfully got through yesterday's Tuesday NYT crossword puzzle with only looking at the answers a few times. Today, I attempt a Wednesday. I'm clearly not naturally good at crossword puzzles (at least the ones in the NYT's, which are, of course, the best ones), but I still try. The time I finish a Wednesday on my own, I'll be scanning that sucker to proudly display on CdT.
- I have slept fairly well the past two nights without any sleep aids. It has taken me quite a while to get to sleep, but once asleep, I haven't woken up much. So, either the acupuncture helped after just one session or getting some good night's sleep due to Tylenol PM (and then later due to Simply Sleep after RG posted her comment) have reset something. I don't know and it's not perfect, but it's better, so I'll take it. The annoying thing is that when I take Tylenol PM or Simply Sleep, I seem to have a headache for most of the next day, but I can't tell if that is because I've been not feeling to great or if it's from the pills. I guess we'll find out eventually.
- Volunteering yesterday was good and what I expected: creating an Access DB from source data in Excel. I'm going in tomorrow to continue developing the DB since I spent most of my time cleaning up the data in Excel. I have never been able to figure out why people put non-like elements in the same column in Excel.
- Today I have the guy here getting the door dings out of the Acura and then I'll probably just clean. I have found I actually like cleaning now because I get to catch up on all my podcasts. It looks like I have a new This American Life to listen to - yahoo!
- I heard on NPR last night (actually, on OPB - Oregon Public Broadcasting) that Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me! is coming to Portland on June 28th. For a donation of $200, you get a pair of tickets to the show. Clearly, I quickly donated and signed us up for the tickets since we donate every year anyway and I love that program. Hopefully Paula Poundstone will be on that episode. She's my favorite.
- We had bison steaks for dinner last night. It's unreal how few calories buffalo steaks have. D had a 10 oz steak and it only had 314 calories in it and only 5 grams of fat. It's like a wonder meat! Tonight I'm making Chilean Sea Bass, but I'm not sure yet how I'll cook it.
- Isn't that so weird about the astronaut who went off the deep end? Her poor kids must be so confused.
I've never been one to envy a public proposal. Proposing on the big screen at the ball park or arena just seems awkward and not romantic, but that's probably because I'm not really a sports fan. Now, proposing via a commercial aired during your girlfriend's favorite TV show, now that is cool! This guy apparently tried to get the ad to air during the Superbowl and that didn't work out, but he did get it to air in his time zone during Veronica Mars. Here's her viewing the commercial and her reaction (note: her reaction is a big annoying because she's a bit stunned, but watching the beginning to see his commercial is cool).
Random Item of the Day
Gay Rights Activists Introduce Initiative that Would Require Children in Marriages. Excerpts:
"The Washington Supreme Court ruled that the state could prevent gay and lesbian couples from marrying because the state has a legitimate interest in preserving marriage for procreation."I never understand the argument that gay marriage shouldn't be legalized because it's a threat to the institution of marriage. Sometimes I wonder if people so adamantly against it are confused and think they'll be required to marry someone of the same sex. Anyway, I think that gay rights activists have come with with this little diddy is pretty funny. Of course, now that Ted Haggard is cured of his homosexuality, I'm sure we won't have to worry about gay issues anymore [sarcasm *drip* *drip*].
"It would allow only couples capable of having kids to marry, and that they file 'proof of procreation' within three years of the marriage. If not, the marriage would be annulled. "
Chilean Sea Bass? That's what I had at Ruth's Chris when you two visited. Let me know if it is as mouth watering as what was served to me that night,it was so delicious!
ReplyDelete