I had a day of lying down, but this time it was for appointments rather than sleeping all day. First, I had my acupuncture appointment. It went very well, which basically translates to this: I had no adverse reactions to the acupuncture itself and I very much liked the provider. I need someone who isn't too serious about whatever it is they're doing to feel comfortable because I tend to make jokes in these types of situations and if they have that whole I-must-appear-completely-professional demeanor about them, I quickly abandon ship. Next, I took a break for lunch at Burgerville and some time killing doing the NYT crossword at Starbucks before my facial (hi, Megan, if you're reading! Here's the post with Eddie getting in the chair to snuggle with me.) All-in-all, not a bad way to spend the day. The dogs were very happy to see me come home and take them for a walk. And good news: Turtle is responding very well to the Come command now that I have bits of food. I'll keep up with the food for a couple of weeks, and then move to only giving her food randomly when she comes when called. She's already faster than Eddie at coming. My little girl will do anything for food.
Tomorrow I will go in to volunteer, which was unexpected, but they emailed and asked me to come in, so in I go. I think I'll be converting some Excel data into an Access DB, which should be a piece of cake. Damn, now I want cake.
D is down about 12 lb now. My magic motivation to resume my workouts, or at least resume weights at home, has not arrived. Maybe when we get back from vacation it will appear. I have lost about 4 lbs just from not eating candy at the movies (I assume it's that since I haven't made any other changes) and have dropped 2 body fat percentage points, so I guess that's something. Interesting tidbit I learned while reading a magazine at the acupuncturist's office: apparently 9 AM is the best time of day to weigh yourself and 7 PM is the worst. I'm surprised if that is true for everyone. I am doing fairly well with my resolutions (see stats in sidebar), though yesterday was my first drop below the goal percentage for clean ups. I just couldn't be asked to clean up the kitchen last night.
Random Item (changing it from Story to Item) of the Day
I debated whether to link to this, but I don't think it's mean, so I decided to do it. It's borderline, I guess. I don't watch Family Guy, but if you know what the dad on that show looks like at all, this is what his real life daughter would look like. She's a spitting image of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment