Pages

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Falafel #19: Videos Anywhere Other Than YouTube

Why is it that YouTube seems to be the only site that has figured out how to stream video without making me wait for insane periods of time for it to happen?

I wanted to watch Superbowl ads, so I went to CBS, the logical place where one would go to view ads aired on their network. I watch one ad - perfect! I try to watch another and just get the "loading" message over and over and it won't load a second message. I close the tab, open it again, am able to watch an ad, try to view another, loading, loading, loading ....

I go to YouTube and can watch every single ad without issue and virtually no loading time.

Why exactly do all these companies think it would be better to keep content off YouTube and put it on their sites? All is does is make me loathe, and look down upon, your company because you can't do it even 1/4 as good as YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment