Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

Denial

I seem to be in denial that I'll be cooking for 30 people on Sunday. I haven't yet done anything other than think about what we'll be making. Shortly, I suppose I will make up the grocery list for tomorrow and call to make sure Whole Foods has the various meat we require ready for me to pick up. I've learned it's best to call ahead when buying large quantities of meat and that the grocery store can cube steak a lot better than I can.

The carpet cleaner is here now cleaning the living room carpet. I loathe that carpet. Granted, it gets dirty so quickly because we have dogs and I'm not the best at making sure their feet are completely clean before they come in, but that it looks as bad as it does is so disappointing. Even after it's cleaned, it still looks dirty just because of the type of carpeting it is. Berber carpeting: not good for high traffic areas and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I've stumbled in the past week with my clean-up resolution. I do plan to get back up soon, hopefully tonight. I have determined that any disruption in my routine will inevitably cause such things. Once the bags from a vacation sit unpacked on the bed room floor for too long, that's it. I just start leaving stuff everywhere. Fortunately, I think the dog walking is now so deeply ingrained that I do not have the white-knuckling of trying to achieve that goal - I know I will do it.

Random Item of the Day
How scary is it that Good Will Hunting seems to have predicted the Iraq situation so well (and for that matter, Bush's election). BTW, it was made in 1997. Bush was elected (took all my will power there not to type "elected", but I wouldn't want to be accused of being bitter now would I?) in 2001. Note: I found the link on Digg with the correlation between this scene and Iraq ... wouldn't want to take credit for it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:09 PM

    Wow
    The Good Will Hunting piece was a mind blower.

    ReplyDelete